National Lipstick Day
It’s National Lipstick Day so I thought I’d share a few of my current favorite lip products! It’s been a while since I’ve written a beauty post (or blog post in general) and I’ve been meaning to sit down and round up a few products I’ve been loving lately. This will be a good starting place!
1. Smith’s Minted Rose Lip Balm - My friend Sydney gifted the Minted Rose version of Smith’s classic rose salve to me during my Bachelorette party years ago and it’s been a staple in my makeup collection ever since! It’s a bit sticky but it keeps my dry lips moist for a long time. Plus, it goes on with a little tingle and smells great!
2. Lancôme’s L’Absolu Lacquer in Be Unique - I was gifted this product for review purposes by Lancôme and Influenster but the punchy fuschia color has been one of my favorites when I want to quickly update my look for summer. I’ve honestly never used a lip product quite like this formula. It’s glossy and goes on smooth without being sticky like other lip glosses. The sheer color applies almost more like a gel and it’s easily buildable.
3. ColourPop Ultra Blotted Liquid Lip in Zuma - I wear this color almost every day to work. It’s the perfect neutral color match to my skin tone. The color is basically the same as my natural lip color but using the liquid lipstick helps me get a more even pigment. Unlike some of the other ColourPop formulas, the ultra blotted lip is velvety soft and subtle. It dries quickly with a matte finish that lasts me even through meals without transferring. I love the Ultra Blotted Lip formula so much that I just purchased the rest of their colors since they’re on sale today for National Lipstick Day!
4. Bite Agave Lip Mask in Champagne - A friend recommended this to me because my lips have been so dry during my pregnancy (despite drinking nearly a gallon of water every day). I think it works best applied at night before bed because it is so sticky. The thickness of the balm really helps it lock in moisture while you’re sleeping. While my lips still aren’t perfect, I think it’s helped them feel significantly softer and more supple. I went for the Champagne color which is sheer with a bit of rose gold shimmer just in case I wanted to layer it on top of my lipstick during the day!
5. Bite Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Glacé - I actually got this as one of the Sephora birthday gifts this year but I will definitely be purchasing it in the full size once it runs out! This lip crayon can be used as a lip liner (it pairs perfectly with the ColorPop Zuma liquid lip) or as a lipstick. The dusty rose color is a great neutral. Like other Bite products it’s very smooth and creamy, keeping your lips moisturized even though it has a matte finish!
So those are my Top 5 most loved lip products at the moment! What have you been using? I’m always interested in hearing what people love and why so I can try out new products for myself.